Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Friday, January 3, 2014

Working on the Breshears - Marilla S Breshears and Henry S Henderson family of Fullerton, CA

The past few weeks I've been working on my Grandaunt Marilla "Rilla" Breshears Henderson and her family.  I have discovered five new first cousins (once removed).  Rilla was the daughter of my Great Grandfather Francis Marion Breshears.  Rilla and her husband Henry moved from Missouri to California in around 1929.  For that reason our families were never that close.

Again, Ancestry.com came to my rescue.  The amount of information that I was able to find on Rilla, Henry and their five children was unbelievable.  Using census records, birth, death and find a grave records I was able to trace their births in Missouri, move to California, deaths and burials.

The family as far as I can reconstruct it is as follows:

Henry S Henderson - Father
Marilla (Rilla) Breshears Henderson - Mother
Neva Pearl Henderson - daughter  >  married Wilbur Weaver
Mabel Henderson - daughter
Willetta Henderson - daughter
Samuel Henderson - son
Mary Henderson - son

As usual I'm willing to collaborate with anyone who is working on this family.  Simply post a comment here or send me an email.  It would help if you stated your relationship to the family

No comments: