Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Still working on my Breshears line - Juanita Fay Breshears (Hostetlers, Odenbaughs)

For the past week I've been working on my first cousin (once removed) Juanita Fay Breshears.

Fay was the daughter of Francis Marion and Cora Henderson Breshears.  She married Rolland Hostetler around 1927 in California.  I still need a marriage record to support this.  They lived in California their entire lives.

Rolland and Fay had two children.  Sharon and Duane Keith Hostetler.

Sharon married Leonard Odenbaugh in San Bernardino, California in 1956.  They had two children Keith and Kelly.

I really enjoy working in the state of California.  The available records on line is amazing.  The California Birth and Death indexes are great.  Between those and the SSDI and Find A Grave I was able to piece together a lot of information on this "lost side" of my family.

Due to the distance my immediate family was never really close to this family.  Fay Breshears was a first cousin to my mother.  Years ago Rolland, Fay and Duane use to come to our home in Missouri for summer vacation.  They visited all of the Breshears relatives in the area while they were here.  I remember they had a camper for their pickup that they traveled and stayed in.


In the above photo:
Front: Alberta Shepard, Lula Breshears, Zelma Varner. Rear: Charlie Breshears, Duane & Fay Hostetler and James Varner.

No comments: