Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fine tuning my work process for Roots Magic, Ancestry member tree and Familysearch Family Tree

My work  process has been slightly fine tuned and is now working fairly smoothly.  The steps are as follows:

  1. On Ancestry.com work the "shaky leaf" hints.  Prove out the hint prior to accepting.
  2. Add the hint to the person on my ancestry member tree.
  3. Download the record and save to my computer
  4. Create a source for the person / fact in my Roots Magic 6 program.
  5. Share the data between my Roots Magic database and my matched person on the Family Search Family Tree.
  6. If data or sources are available on Familysearch but not on Ancestry I will have them automatically update my Familysearch Family Tree record.
  7. Sync the updated record between FS Family Tree and Roots Magic.
  8. Manually update my Ancestry member tree. 

This is a rather involved process but it allow me to keep my three family trees all updated and pretty much in sync.

I do have to manually add my photos to both Ancestry and Familysearch which I have not done a lot of yet.

No comments: