For those people where no FS Family Tree person was found they could be easily added by a single button click
Now that the matching process has been completed I can proceed with FS Family Tree cleanup and sharing information between RootsMagic and FamilySearch.
I believe the process that I use will be as follows:.
- Create list of all deceased people in RM (showing name, Birth/Death dates and FamilySearch ID. This will be my list to work from. I may do this using the RM "Group" function.
- Find and merge all of the duplicates in FamilySearch for a given person.
- Compare my RM6 database record with the resulting record in FS. This will be done using the RM Family Search Person tool.
- Add any facts or sources from RM6 that do not exist in FS.
- Make note of any information found on FS Family Tree. Validate and source this info then add it to my RM database.
This will be a very long, time consuming process but I feel that eventually it will be worth the effort. I really enjoy the way RM6 integrates with FS Family Tree. It will make the comparison and update phase so much quicker.
If you are really series about this I would highly recommed the following free webinar from RootsMagic.
Webinar # 52 Using FamilySearch Family Tree with RootsMagic found at Rootsmagic Webinars