Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Saturday, October 22, 2011

This week I was able to finish the work I had started on Find A Grave.  All of the memorials for Teays Chapel Cemetery now include the plot locations.

It's also been a very good week on the family history front.  I was contacted by Doug Wallace who had come across my memorials on Find A Grave.  He had a considerable amount of information on the Varner line that lived in Los Angeles, CA and Las Vegas, NV.  These are cousins that I had lost track of many years ago.  I was saddened to learn that neither Billy (William Earl) nor Buddy (James Gilbert) Varner are still with us and their parents are gone as well.

I've begun a review of my family history database.  It really is in pretty bad shape.  I need to do a general review of the family tree to re-familiarize myself with the data.  Then begin a general clean up and source standardization project.  As I'm going through the process I will also try to develop a research plan.  I started the database several years ago, but the last few years I've had little time to spend on it.  Now that I'm retired I hope to devote more effort to it.

No comments: