Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cousins MARTIN and HOSTETLER added to the family tree

Last week was a very good week.  Got lots done.

I spent one day visiting Teays Chapel and Clinton Memory Gardens cemeteries.  Took a total of 14 volunteer pictures for Find A Grave.

Then I spent a couple of days doing some file cleanup of my Legacy database.  It wasn't in as bad of shape as I feared.  Still need to do lots of source work (converting old basic style sources to the new sourcewriter templates) but that is not a pressing task.  Will work on as time permits.

With the help of my two sisters, Ancestry.com and Family Search.com I was able to add some cousins to the family tree.  These cousins are from my Grandmother Varner's  SMITH side of the family.  Those added were the Claude / Barbra MARTIN, of central Missouri, and Roland / Fay HOSTETLER, of  San Bernardino, California, families.

I was very pleased with the progress last week especially in light of the household visitors.  Our son's four year old twins spent two days with us and our daughters two sons spent a day and a couple of nights.  It was a very enjoyable time with the grand kids.

No comments: