Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Saturday, October 8, 2011

And so it begins .............

I begin setting up the blog this evening.  I am not a writer and have never kept a diary.  I hope I can make this work.  My reason for blogging is to help me focus on my research efforts.

I intend to document my family history research and documentation process.  Blog posts will cover the below listed areas.

  • Researched areas and records.
  • Software programs found useful
  • Training and other instruction taken.

I've decided to undertake this blog creation after listening to several podcasts from Lisa Louise Cooke of the Genealogy Gems Podcasts.  I've also watched her blogging instructional videos on her Genealogy Gems You Tube channel.

Over the next several weeks I will be cleaning up and  fine tuning the look of the blog.

No comments: