Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Friday, November 9, 2012

New VARNERS added to the tree and new sources for VARNER/SMITH/LEONARDS/SMETHERS

This has been a very productive week from a genealogical research stand point.  I've been able to spend a couple of days concentrating on my paternal grandfathers line.  I found several new source documents and was able to add an entire family (2nd cousin 3X removed) John Peter VARNER of Fayette Township, Juniata County, PA.
From the Henry County Museum (Historical Library) I was able to obtain:
1.  Will and probate records for Daniel G VARNER (1844).
2.  Will and probate records for Daniel G "Grant" VARNER (1916).

From Ancestry I was able to obtain:
1.  Marriage license for Grant VARNER and Ada SMITH.
2.  1850 and 1860 census records for the John Peter VARNER family.
3.  1930 Census record for the Ada VARNER household.

From Blair Stoners personal family tree:
1. John Peter VARNER and Barbara VARNER burial location.

From Find A Grave.
1.  Burial location for Morgan & Matilda LEONARD as well as Barbara VARNER MOSS.

I have a lead on my gggrandmother (Barbara SMETHERS) maiden name.  Possibly a SAMUEL.  I need to do further research on this.

Next week I plan to following up on the SAMUEL lead as well as further sourcing on John Peter and Barbara VARNER.

No comments: