Granddad Daniel Grant Varner

Granddad Daniel Grant Varner
Daniel Grant Varner (front, far right) and siblings with spouses

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Researching John Varner and Stuffel (Varner) Werner of Juanita / Schuylkill Counties in PA

I have spent the last week splitting my time between cleaning up my FTM file and trying to find more information on my 2nd and 3rd great grandfathers.

First I uploaded my family tree to Ancestry and synced it with my FTM database.  Then I began updating the tree on Ancestry.  The synchronization worked great for about two days.  Something happened and the trees would no longer sync, so I disconnected the tree on Ancestry and I'm updating only my Family Tree Maker file for now.  Once I get it finished I will delete my tree on Ancestry and upload a new one.  I'm now working on cleaning up my source citations.  I did not get a clean transfer of sources via gedcom from a Legacy 7 file to an FTM 2012 file.  This is slow going.  Not only do I need to retype most of the sources but all of the media needs to be reattached as well.

On the research front I decided to concentrate on my 2nd great grandfather John Varner (1787 - 1852) in Schuylkill and Juanita County PA and on my 3rd great grandfather Stuffel Christophel (Varner) Werner (1750 - 1853) in Juanita County PA.  I've checked Ancestry and Family Search and found no census or vital records.  The only thing I've been able to come up with is an oft quoted story found in the book "Biographical Encyclopedia of Juniata Valley PA, 1897".  I would really like to prove and build on the information shown in this book.  I'll spend a little more time on these two before I move on

No comments: